Things To Do & See
Belmore Court & Motel’s central location in Enniskillen in the heart of The Fermanagh Lakelands, is the perfect base to discover the many things to see and do nearby. Known as Northern Ireland’s Lake District, with an amazing abundance of lakes, waterways and a vast haven of natural spaces, where the slow pace of life seems to make quality time last longer.
Discover the regions rich history, experience the great outdoors, take in the breath taking scenery with a cruise or unique water taxi experience, visit one of a kind attractions including Enniskillen Castle Museum, discover spectacular natural wonders at Marble Arch Global Geo Park or tick Ireland’s Stairway to Heaven Cuilcagh Mountain Board Walk off your bucket list.
Explore Fermanagh’s three National Trust properties, take a tour of one of Northern Ireland's oldest and most fascinating attractions at Belleek Pottery or head deep into Game of Thrones territory, visiting Pollnagollum Cave and one of the famous Door of Thrones in Blakes of the Hollow.
With all this and much more, The Fermanagh Lakelands definitely provides the stage for memorable experiences during your visit.
Fermanagh is an ideal holiday destination for all the family, from adventure centres to scenic forest walks. Plan your perfect family break away in the Lakelands, we’ve got an excellent range of restaurants, museums, activity centres, parks and beautiful scenery throughout the county.
We’ve got all the inspiration you need in our Family Friendly Guide to keep the whole family entertained on your holiday, even on a rainy day! Whether you are looking for adventure, learning experiences, a fun day out or a bit of relaxation, you’ll find it all in the Fermanagh Lakelands.
Budget Days Out - Great days out that won't cost a penny...
- Take a picnic in the Forest - Lough Navar has a scenic 7 mile drive leading to a magnificent view point giving spectacular views over Lough Erne. Picnic areas, car parking facilities, view-points & short walks are all available free of charge.
- Visit a Railway Museum with a difference - A trip to Headhunters Barber Shop & Railway Museum is like taking a remarkable journey into the past bringing the golden age of the railway vividly to life. Why not combine your visit with a unique opportunity to have your hair professionally styled in the most nostalgic surroundings.
- Climb Coles Monument - Started in 1845, it is built in memory of Sir G. Lowry Cole G.C.B. & took 12 years to build. A series of 108 spiral steps leading to panoramic views of Enniskillen. Admission is FREE. Children to be accompanied by adults. Contact Fermanagh Visitor Information Centre for opening hours.
- Feed the Ducks at the Round ‘O’ Quay, Enniskillen - Feeding the ducks is a time-honoured family activityand where better to do it than along the River Erne in Enniskillen. With parking, outdoor seating and a children's play area, spend some quality time with the family.
- Take a wander through a Sculpture Garden - Garden of Celtic Saints, (Beside Sacred Heart Church), Lisnarick Road, Irvinestown. See the unique collection of wooden sculptures carved out of Irish Oak, located in the Garden of Celtic Saints in Irivnestown. The Devenish figures include carvings of saints & scholars and are the work of Lithuanian Jonas Raiskas. The garden is open to the public, free of charge & well worth a visit!
We have plenty of fun activities for families & kids to enjoy if the rain comes. Our list of activities & attractions offer a wide range for all ages, you’ll be well-prepared if the weather changes. Here’s a selection of ideas for in-door attractions and activities to keep the kids entertained on those not so sunny days!
- Follow the Mr Bloomfield Trail at Belleek Pottery - Belleek Pottery Visitor Centre has launched its new "Mr Bloomfield Trail" for younger visitors. The tour, which gives recognition to John Caldwell Bloomfield as an important character in the development of Belleek Pottery, is animated through a series of wall mounted colourful cartoon plaques with bite size interpretation, appealing to younger visitors. With 16 plagues along the way, each representing a decade in the rich heritage of Belleek since its foundation in 1857, children will follow The Bloomfield Trail Map answering clues along the way.
- Enniskillen Omniplex - See the latest blockbusters in Enniskillen
- Create your very own Teddy Bear - Bear Essentials Workshops promise a creative, communicative and enjoyable experience for all participants. Kids take all their creations in crafts and samples from baking & cooking home with them and of course they will keep their hand-made Mohair teddy bear forever. Courses range from crafts & bear-making to cookery and are suitable for all ages, groups & families.
- Johnny Rockos - Fermanagh's only triple play entertainment venue for families. Where fun and enjoyment begins immediately as you walk through the door. Immerse yourself in our colourful, themed, modern and fully equipped surroundings. From friendly soft adventure areas through to ten pin bowling, mini Monte Carlo, party rooms and American themed diner, we have it all under one roof.